Emerging Markets Summit 2011: BRIC & Beyond (19 Jan 2011)
I spoke on a panel (“economic outlook for investing in emerging markets”) with David Beker from BAML on 19 January 2011. Topics covered included:
- Performance analysis of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index and the Barclays Emerging Markets Index
- Macroeconomic outlook: A broader investment opportunity set in frontier markets?
- Identifying strong potential returns and less correlation with US or EU performance
- What is the economic growth potential in real terms projected for the next 5 years?
- How are economic relations with the developed world and the BRIC nations?
- Examples of where the credit crisis has had an impact with non BRIC emerging markets
Slides presented at 9th Annual Canada Cup of Investment Management (18 Jun 2010)
Slides presented by me at the 9th Annual Canada Cup of Investment held in Toronto on June 18, 2010. This was part of the Investing in BRICs and emerging markets panel moderated by David Walker (West-Can Consultant, Ltd). Along with Richard Kang (Emerging Global Advisors, LLC), we spoke of the risks and returns of adding emerging markets exposure to institutional portfolios.