I spoke on a panel (“economic outlook for investing in emerging markets”) with David Beker from BAML on 19 January 2011. Topics covered included:
- Performance analysis of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index and the Barclays Emerging Markets Index
- Macroeconomic outlook: A broader investment opportunity set in frontier markets?
- Identifying strong potential returns and less correlation with US or EU performance
- What is the economic growth potential in real terms projected for the next 5 years?
- How are economic relations with the developed world and the BRIC nations?
- Examples of where the credit crisis has had an impact with non BRIC emerging markets